Just be. Retreats
Our next retreat will be for physicians only on:
Saturday, November 10, 2018 from 11:00 to 5:00 pm
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? Just be. Retreats were created with your busy lifestyle in mind! Located north of Dallas in Aubrey, Texas, Just be. Retreats offer you the opportunity to escape for a half-day of self-care and personal transformation, without keeping you from the important things in life.
Watch below to learn more!
What To Expect
Traveling past quintessential horse barns and unique livestock - keep an eye out for goats and llamas! - you'll follow a beautifully treed, winding road to reach the home ranch of our Equine Specialist, Annette Crooks. With stately Southwestern mission doors, rough beams, and a graceful, quiet pasture out front, you'll immediately start to breathe easier.
A Day Of Relaxation, Transformation, and Self-Care (Plus Wine!)
- Learn from graceful horses under the direction of Annette Crooks, EAGALA-Certified Equine Specialist. Work as a team to complete challenges and obstacles that will shed light on your personal and professional life in transformative ways! - A $400 value
- Enjoy a leisurely, light lunch and get to know the facilitators and continue learning in a zero-pressure, social setting.
- Open your heart with yoga under the direction of Kathy Phillips, RYT-200. The gentle poses will encourage you to connect with your body and appreciate it even more. - A $65.00 value
- Learn Pilates techniques from Dr. Heather Bartos, Board-Certified OB-GYN and Certified Pilates Instructor. Learn the exercises she uses on long on-call days, in L&D, or at her kids' dance recital. - A $49.00 value
- Come together in circle and neuroscience-based meditation with Megan Winkler, Master Mindfulness Practitioner and Certified Happiness Life Coach. This is a judgment-free zone where everyone gets a chance to speak and we close the session with a simple meditation you can use in your personal practice. - A $79.00 value
There's Also Time For Shopping & Sipping!
We're excited to feature guests Couture in a Can and Megan Huff with Scout & Cellar. Taste wine, shop at your leisure, and spend more time with the facilitators, who will answer any questions you may have.
Exclusive Bonuses: Sweet Swag!
As a special thank you and to continue providing support after your retreat, each participant receives a swag bag valued at $250. Inside, you'll find:
- A free bottle of wine
- A complementary copy of Intentionally Happy, by Megan Winkler
- Samples of loose leaf tea from Steeped Tea
- An exclusive oil blend for your personal use
- A workbook for continued learning and local resources
- A special keepsake from your experience
- And more!
You'll also receive a link to edited photos from the retreat as a way to remember the retreat! (Please allow 2 weeks for delivery).
PLUS: A Free Mini Photo Shoot!
We're thrilled to offer you a free mini photo shoot, valued at $100, should you wish to have more personalized photos. Our photographer will take and edit 5 photos for you to use on your website, social media profiles, and beyond! This is a great way to show your patients how important self-care is to you.
Annette Crooks is a lifelong horsewoman and has been an EAGALA-certified equine specialist for the past decade, bringing her horses to help people address a wide variety of issues including corporate team-building; trust and communication; addictions; marriage, couple and family therapies; depression/anxiety; self-esteem; and boundary-setting.
Prior to her equine-assisted business, Annette worked as an HR Manager with several corporations. She serves as a School Board Trustee in her community, and is a member of the Paso Fino Committee of the United States Equestrian Federation. She is an active competitor with her Paso Fino horses. She and her husband have two grown children. In addition to her horses, she enjoys cooking, yoga, politics, reading, golf, and traveling. Horses remind her every day to "stay in the moment!"
Kathy Phillips, RYT-200
Kathy Phillips began practicing yoga in 2008 and fell in love. Not only did her body feel better after class, but her mind and spirit were uplifted as well. Following her passion, she completed her 200 RYT certification in 2013.
As an instructor, Kathy helps women to find balance in their lives as well as in their bodies. Her classes are welcoming and fun; it’s not unusual to walk past the studio and hear happy laughter through the door.
In 2015, Kathy trained in mayfascial release in order to give her students another practice to ease chronic pain and become ageless.
When she’s not on the mat, Kathy enjoys spending time with her husband, two grown daughters, and friends. She can often be found enjoying sunsets over the lake from the deck of her Lake Kiowa home.
Megan Winkler, Master Mindfulness Pracitioner
Megan Winkler is a Certified Master Mindfulness Practitioner, author and instructor. After teaching at the collegiate level, Megan segued into teaching small groups how to become more mindful.
Today, she works with physicians and entrepreneurs to determine how to work in the most efficient way possible, while maintaining mindfulness throughout their day.
Megan has studied meditation since 2012, with a focus on neuroscience-based techniques and Mindfulness Meditation. She also holds certifications in Nutritional Therapy and Relationship Workshop Facilitation. She is the author of Transmissions from Dating Land, Intentionally Happy: How to Move from Surviving to Thriving with Joy, and Meditate Now.
She lives with her partner, Mike, and together they are raising their 13-year-old daughter.