I believe in:
- open communication with yourself & others.
- alignment in all you do.
- the gut: it knows what's up.
- being a good steward of the earth.
- parenting with humility.
- that everyone has a story and, when given the chance, wants to share it.
- adaptability and teachability.
- that what you put in, you get out - in every sense of the phrase.
- creativity for its own sake. It's one of the most valuable uses of your time.
- the idea that there's no such thing as "not enough" or "too late."
The "Official" Bio
Hey there! I'm Megan. I'm a writer, health advocate, a total "greenie," and communications maven. Since 2008, I've worked with various publications both freelance and as a part of corporate teams, but when I stumbled into health and environmental writing, I knew I'd found my niche. At the time, I had also begun my studies in meditation with the Neurosculpting® Institute (NSI) in Colorado, where I studied neuroscience-based meditation techniques and eventually became certified to teach. I even had the privilege to mentor other meditation teachers as a Fellow of the Institute.
As is usually the case in life, after a couple of years, I felt called elsewhere. So, I resigned my certification with the NSI and began studying Mindfulness Meditation at the University of Holistic Theology. I then went on to complete a Master Mindfulness Practitioner Certification.
My work centers on the written word and teaching sessions, which I hold online and in person. My focus is on getting you to think outside the box. To challenge norms, encourage you to embrace Whole-Life Alignment and Holistic Mindfulness (which encompasses all parts of your life), and embrace who you are at the soul level.
Multi-passionate to the core (I've even written a couple of novels for fun), I infuse my work with inspiration, gentle guidance, and real-life examples designed to help others become their best selves. Seriously, I'm not perfect. I don't expect you to be either.
Over the years, I've worked with and coached entrepreneurs, physicians, nutritionists, chefs, architects, and a variety of established business owners to write and publish their own books. I also work with business owners to integrate mindfulness techniques into their lives - at work and at play - to streamline their business, increase productivity, and live happier.
As you may have guessed, I'm also an author. My books include: Transmissions from Dating Land, Intentionally Happy: How to Move from Surviving to Thriving with Joy, Meditate Now: A Blueprint To Quieting Your Mind and various fiction and nonfiction titles. My work has been featured in publications including elephant journal, CultureMap, Earth911, The Alternative Daily, and Meditation Daily. I do all of my writing and publishing work with Brainy Babe Micro Pub.
Because I know people are interested, my certifications include:
- Nutritional Therapy (2014)
- Meditation (2014)
- Happiness Coaching (2016)
- Relationship Workshop Facilitation (2017)
- Master Mindfulness Practitioner (2018)
I also hold a degree in military history and American history from the American Military University (2011), a history degree from the University of North Texas, as well as 40+ hours of coursework in psychology from UNT (2008).
A Few Fun Facts:
- I'm an Aquarius with ascendant Scorpio. I'm told this means my strengths are that I'm independent and progressive and my weakness is an unusual, rebellions and revolutionary spirit. They all sound like strengths to me.
- I travel to Key West at least once (if not twice) a year. I call it my Soul Home and it's where I am the happiest, outside of my more permanent home in North Texas.
- My favorite color is purple, although I love turquoise too.
- I hate peanut butter and also root beer. But I love sushi, lima beans, Brussels sprouts, and coffee (although not together).
- I collect post-it notes and pens to the point that it might actually be a problem...
- Jackson Pollack paintings set my heart ablaze, but any time I can get to the Modern Museum of Fort Worth, I come back full of inspiration and creativity.
- I was one of two women in my master's program and loved it.
Are you ready to embrace Whole-Life Alignment?
To live the life you’ve always dreamed of? To help others without suffering from the burnout that comes from owning your own business, your own medical practice, or launching a new program?
I know you have the same power within you that I do – the drive, the hunger, to be more and do more, but in a sustainable way.
To infuse your business & life with soul!
Today is the day, my friend. The time is NOW.
Don’t put your life and your peace on hold for any longer. Trust me, life-changing moments are fantastic for shifting your focus and redirecting your energy, but boy do they hurt.
The changes I’ve made in my life are simple, they just take a little heart.